Baroque Explorations: The Fall of the Rebel Angels

Baroque Explorations

Notes on the Writing Life

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Fall of the Rebel Angels

.
The Fall of the Rebel Angels graces the ceiling of the Royal Chapel of Versailles: stunning.


"A Chapel for the King" is a special exhibition at Versailles to commemorate the 300th year anniversary of the chapel.

Catherine Delors just posted some great links about the chapel on her wonderful blog: here.

4 comments:

Hannah Stoneham said...

I live outside Paris but have not yet been to Versailles - I am looking forward to it so much especially since seeing this picture!

Sandra Gulland. said...

Hannah -- I put off Versailles for a long time. It's so big and overwhelming! It's worthwhile to take a tour: they get you to the head of the lines. Don't ever attempt to see all of it: just take it in small doses (like the Louvre). Enjoy!

Catherine Delors said...

Many thanks for the link, Sandra! This ceiling is a wonder...

Sandra Gulland. said...

Thank YOU, Catherine, for all you wonderful posts. I don't know how you do it.

image